I recently changed my schedule at work in an effort to give myself more time in the evenings to do things I'm passionate about. So far, I've held to this new schedule for a few days in a row, and I am loving it.
- I spend at least 30 minutes a day practicing my Rosetta Stone Spanish, which I am learning in order to better communicate with Melvin's family.
- I have more time to spend designing for fun. I designed my niece's birth announcement, which will be going out soon. I'm currently working with a colleague on a wedding invitation for another colleague. And, I will be starting to design a friend's business card within the next few days.
- I have also had more me-time (aka quiet time), which has been extremely refreshing as well.
Some of my other goals with this new schedule include:
- Working on classes I've enrolled in on Skillshare: I have several that I'd like to start, so now would be the perfect time.
- Attending workshops and events: I have a couple lined up already starting with a calligraphy workshop at the end of this month and a blogging conference in July.
- Blogging more frequently: This includes taking more time to go out and take photos.
Although I'm extremely excited for all the plans I have, I can't help but feel slightly strange about it all. It's a comfort zone thing. I'm not generally one to put myself out there, but I inhaled deeply and took the dive. I'm looking forward to see where this takes me. :)
Are any of you in a similar position looking to follow your dreams and taking the plunge? I'd like to hear your stories!